Happy Valentine's Day from Number 16. Are you are sick and tired of all the commercialism and advertising associated with the February 14th? Have you had enough of silly love songs? Then this is the perfect antidote for you. Take a few minutes from your busy schedule and remove yourself from the rat race for a time. Sick back, relax and read some great quotations about love and reflect on them quietly.
Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.
- Ursula K. Le Guin (1929 - ), American writer
From The Lathe of Heaven 
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.
- Max Ehrmann (1872-1945), American writer
From Desiderata 
To say a man is fallen in love - or that he's deeply i love - or up to his ears in love, and sometimes even over head and ears in it, carries an idiomatical kind of implication, that love is a thing below a man.
- Lawrence Sterne (1713-1768), English novelist
From Tristram Shandy
Passion makes the world go round,
Love just makes it a safer place.
- Ice-T (real name: Tracy Marrow (1958 - ), American rap musician
From: The Ice Opinion 
Even memory is not necessary for love. There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning.
- Thornton Wilder (1897-1975), American novelist and dramatist
From The Bridge of San Luis Rey  (closing words),
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- Attributed to Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel) (1904-1991), American writer, poet and cartoonist
Happy Valentine's Day