The Riddler on the old Batman television series, as portrayed by Frank Gorshin, used to laugh maniacally while shouting his catchphrase "Riddle me this!." Then he would challenge Batman with one of his brainteasers. Today Number 16 presents ten riddles to challenge you. Good luck!
By the way, Riddle No. 3 is one of the actual riddles used by The Riddler" on the TV series.
RIDDLE ME THIS!
1. Why happened to the thief who stole a calendar?
2. Three coffeehouse chains, Tim Hortons, Starbucks and Second Cup, agreed to merge. What did they name the new company?
3. Why is an orange like a bell?
4. What can be empty but still have a hole in it?
5. Why did the elephant quit his job?
6. What gets broken without being held?
7. We all have our own and every one has two sides. What is it?
8. I don't have a name but I am often quoted. Who am I?
9. I never wait for anyone. I slip away and I am frequently wasted. Who am I?
10. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven't got me anymore. What am I?
3. Because they both must be peeled.
4. A pocket
5. Because he was working for peanuts.
6. A promise
7. A story
10. A secret