Fatherhood is a mirror in which we catch glimpses of ourselves as we really are.
- Hugo Williams, British writer and poet
From Fatherhood 
FATHER'S DAY QUIZ 2011
In honour of fathers, Number 16 presents the 2011 Father's Day Quiz. See how many of the questions you can answer correctly.
1. In the Book of Genesis, who is told that his descendants will be as numerous as the stars in the sky?
2. George Washington is often referred to as the father of his country. Did Washington have any biological children?
A. No, he did not have any biological children.
B. Yes, he and his wife, Martha, had two sons.
C. Yes, he had twin daughters, Margaret and Beatrice Washington.
D. Yes, George Washington was the biological father of four childrren.
E. Yes, he had one child, a daughter named Florence.
3. Superman's adoptive father on Earth was Jonathan Kent. What was the name of Superman's biological father on the planet Krypton?
4. Angelina Jolie's father is also a film star. Who is her father?
A. George Kennedy
B. Peter Fonda
C. John Voight
D. Martin Landau
E. Christopher Plummer
5. England's Henry VIII had only one legitimate son who survived. His third wife, Jane Seymour, died soon after giving birth to their son in 1537. What was the name of Henry's male heir?
6. What did country singer Loretta Lynn's father do for a living?
A. He was a country doctor.
B. He worked in a factory.
C. He was a fisherman.
D. He was a truck driver.
E. He was a coal miner and farmer.
7. Who is known as the "Father of New France."
A. Jacques Cartier
B. George Etienne Cartier
C. Samuel de Champlain
D. Louis Papineau
E. Henri Mercir
8. Before George W. Bush and his father, did any other father and son both serve as U.S. president?
A. Yes, John Adams and John Quincy Adams
C. Yes, William Henry Harrison and Benjamin Harrison
D. Yes, John Tyler and James Tyler.
E. Yes, Grover Cleveland and Stephen Grover Cleveland
9. What was the name of Alexander the Great's father?
A. Stephen the Great
B. King Milos III of Macedonia
C. King Andreas II of Macedonia
D. King Philip II of Macedonia
E. Costos III of Macedonia
10. Who is the father of English rock drummer Zak Starkey?
A. Mick Jagger
B. Hugh Grant
C. Ringo Starr
D. Roger Daltry
E. Rod Stewart
In Genesis 26:4, God tells Abraham that his descendants will be as numerous as the stars in the sky.
George Washington did not have any biological children. He was, however, a stepfather. His wife, Martha, was a widow with two children when she married him.
Superman's biological father was Jor-El, a respected scientist on the planet Krypton. Jor-El foresaw the destruction of Kryton and tried to warn others. Although Jor-El was unable to save himself, he managed to save his infant son, Kal-El, by sending him to Earth in a rocket ship. Kal-El was discovered by Jonathan and Martha Kent who raised him as their son and named him Clark Kent.
Angelina Jolie's father is Academy Award winner John Voight. Voight won his Oscar for his performance in the film Coming Home.
Edward ascended to the throne when he was only nine years old. He was crowned Edward VI but his reign was not long. He died of tuberculosis at the age of 15.
Loretta Lynn's father, Melvin "Ted" Webb was a coal miner and farmer in Kentucky. That is why Loretta titled her best-selling autobiography Coal Miner's Daughter.
Samuel de Champlain, known as the "Father of New France" was a navigator, explorer, soldier and diplomat. He founded Quebec City on July 3, 1608.
John Adams was the second President of the United States. His son, John Quincy Adams, was the sixth President of the U.S. William Henry Harrison and Benjamin Harrison both served as president but they were grandfather and grandson.
Alexander the Great's father was King Philip II of Macedonia. Philip conquered Greece and died in 336 B.C.
|Philip II of Macedonia|
Zak Starkey (born September 13, 1965) is the son of former Beatle Ringo Starr and his first wife, Maureen.
ON THIS DAY
On June 19, 1910, Sonora Smart Dodd organized the first June Father's Day celebrations to honour her father, Cival War veteran William Jackson Smart. The festivities took place in Spokane, Washington.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL FATHERS AND ESPECIALLY TO MY OWN DAD.